Friday, September 10, 2004

coffee or coffer?

I was the coffee, therefore I am now the coffer.

I'm home sick from work today because of some swine infecting me with his noxious little germs. The hazards of working in open-plan offices and air-conditioned buildings. And with revolting peasants who don't cover their mouths when they cough.

Serves me right I guess. Hubris. Only a few days ago I was feeling smug about not coming down with anything even though my workmates were dropping like flies. Except for that one guy who insisted on coming to work, and whose constant coughing has driven me almost homicidal. The main thing holding me back has been the knowledge that it'd be yet another certificate to process, and I'm already snowed under.

Phlegm.

That's a cool word: it looks like it feels when it's in your bronchioles but sounds deceptively smooth. Not at all like the green/brown hunk I just hocked up.

With that charming image to hold you, I'm going back to bed.

No comments: