Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Office Space was a documentary

Ok, so it's obvious that I have a very low irritation threshold. I mean people breathing too loudly in movies gets (ironically) up my nose. Ads on tv make me want to scream and throw things at the screen, ads on the radio throw me into a rage.. I'll stop there or this'd just be a rant about the billion and one things that NEED TO STOP RIGHT NOW OR ELSE.

*deep breaths* Relax Jeff.. Ohhhhhmmmmm..

So.. Today's mini rant - office politics.

Fuck I hate people. Especially people I have to work with every day. One particular such co-irker (whom I nicknamed 'The Queen of Spades' some time ago and it seems to have stuck. heh.) is the same lowly grade of desk jockey as me but seems to feel that since she's been there for forever and a day she owns the fucking place. Now this is generally of no concern to me because quite frankly if she wants it she can have it, I just work there. I've no desire to become part of the machine any more than I already am. But recently she's begun trying to organise the work according to her warped sense of logic and it's pissing other people off.

Now that concerns me, not because I care so much for their welfare but because they all come and MOAN TO ME FOR HOURS ABOUT HER.

Argh. Jee-sus. Fuck off and deal with it yourself! Push her out a window, feed her into the shredder, I don't care - I'd even quietly applaud - just don't get me to fight your battles. In fact don't bitch to me at all if you're not going to do anything about it.

Grr.

Oh, as an aside, I learnt a rather amusing fact about the aforementioned Dark Queen today: it seems that before becoming the lowest of the low - sorry, civil servant, I'm always getting that wrong - she worked for a circus. Now the first thing that sprang to mind when I heard that was "As a sideshow freak?". VERY bitchy of me. And I actually said it too - I've got so many feet in my mouth you wouldn't think I'd be able to say anything out but nevertheless these things still get out. Fortunately she wasn't around at the time..

But no, she was just a carny. Which explains a few things. Like the small hands and the smell of cabbage *snigger*

I think I've vented enough for one day, I'll save the diatribe about assholes who don't cover their mouths when they cough for another day. Oh that's going to be a nasty one.

After that I'll work-over the exhibitionist morons who go on Big Brother..

No comments: