Friday, July 21, 2006

nostalgia?

A somewhat disturbing thing happened to me the other day: I was standing out the front of the registry where all the smokers and pigeons hang out (yes, and the smoking pigeons and pigeon smokers...) chatting with a smoker and I actually wanted to have a cigarette!

Very disturbing. Especially since it's been probably more than 15 years since I've had more than a single drag on a fag (that means cigarette to those from North America, I'm not revealing the last time I dragged a fag..). I've never really been attracted to smoking again since. Well, occasionally when extremely drunk and have regretted it. Very quickly. Regurgitantly.

I was a little concerned for a while that I might be getting back into the addiction. Fortunately, just this morning, I sat next to someone on the bus I swear had been wearing the dried lungs of Asian businessmen whilst wrestling Joe Camel in an ashtray. My clothes were turning yellow just being that close to him..

I managed to hold down my breakfast. Also managed to hold my breath for about 10 minutes without passing out. But it did me a favour really - my stomach churns just thinking about it even now..

So if you're a smoker and standing anywhere near me at some stage in the foreseeable future and I happen to projectile vomit on you, don't take it personal eh?

No comments: