Monday, March 08, 2010

adventures

It's been a busy few days: escaped up to the Blue Mountains for a weekend of abseiling, soaking in the spa, eating fine foods and drinking copiously (which appears to be a bit of a theme these days). Was so worn out from the excesses of Friday night and the adventures of Saturday that I slept for 10 hours straight that night. Which didn't actually seem to make me feel more rested. I think my body is so used to getting by with minimal sleep that it goes into a bit of shock when it gets more than 6 hours. Either that or it's saying "gimme more of that, motherfucker".

Sunday night was an experience of a far different character: Amanda Fucking Palmer at the Sydney Opera House. Which was fucking amazing. Currently don't really have the words for it - will post more of a review when I have my brain back.

If you don't know of her but have any interest in a musician who could be the bastard offspring of Tori Amos and Nick Cave raised on a diet of cabaret, Nina Hagen and red wine then you must check her out. Either in her solo capacity or as part of The Dresden Dolls. And go see her perform live. You won't regret it.

No comments: