Monday, March 15, 2010

meeting & greeting

So Jen arrived in Sydney yesterday for the start of her holiday and we met for the first time - after she'd spent 14 hours on a plane and hadn't slept for far too long. So she was hallucinating freely. I'd been out for an engagement party the night before (involving a place with a life-sized horse lamp, which of course was the focus of many drunken wannabe equestrians..) and was also seriously sleep deprived. Despite which we managed to hold relatively coherent conversations.

Got to say that, while I knew what she looked like from Facebook photos, I'd not really considered what she'd sound like. After 6 or 7 years of communicating entirely by the written word it was a shock to find she's got a Canadian accent! Yeah, I know - duh. But really, until you know a person you tend to read their words in your own voice. Or James Earl Jones's voice. Maybe that's just me?

Anyway, other than the freakish accent, she's lovely. And brought me gifts of t-shirts (she knows what I like), trinkets (shiny things!), maple syrup (I'm seeing waffles in my near future) and maple cookies. The main ingredient of that last item I swear is crack - those things are hellishly addictive! I was sitting reading an article about obesity (irony much?) online and couldn't stop myself from scarfing down a bunch of the fuckers..

Yeah, thanks so much Jen - get me hooked on a product only available twelve and a half thousand kms away.

God, I think I'm jonesing already..

8 comments:

eroica said...

i know this is going to sound incredibly lame... but i just saw an old episode of friends where ross eats too many of those. be careful.
heheh.
and hello to jen!!!
xx

Sunshine said...

I have the same problem with HP Sauce, it isn't sold over here.

Sounds like you're having a fun time with Jen- very cool.

Jen said...

Hi Eroica!

It's lovely here and Jeff is an "excellent dude, eh". But man, it is freakishly expensive. Back home a Gatorade is $1.95 to $2.50 and here? $4.95. It's a bit depressing.

eroica said...

jen!
yes, jeffykins is an excellent dude eh. i am glad you have had a chance to get to know him a bit better!
(it's a harrowing road, i tell ya)
hehe
xx

Sal said...

effing[theineffable] hell! i stumble back into blogspace again after way too long, and find there's all SORTS of outrageous activity going on!

hi again mate. and thanks for alerting me that Jen is back on the boil.

fishboy said...

Sal: Welcome back to the blogging fold! It's like a recurring virus: you can never quite shake the infection...

Sarsparilla said...

True about the voices. I love reading Eroica's blog in her remembered cute NZ accent. :)

eroica said...

pffffffffffff.
;-) (big hugs to you, v!)