Friday, March 26, 2010

sunny

So..

What's been happening?

How you been?

I'm good, yeah - real good. Surprisingly so you might say. Full of joie de vivre and other French aphorisms.

New Zealand was delightful: beautifully sunny, warm days; crisp evenings; cool nights. Perfect weather for this Anglo boy - my genes are tailored to appreciate warm and cold.

Karate camp was small but perfectly formed. Well, actually it was a bit of a mess really but in some ways that's been better than boring - discussion and planning has been stimulated. Some reasonably important goals have been set. More on that later when I've talked to my Sensei - he being the final arbiter of all things Yoshukai.

Catching up with friends and family in Chch was great. I saw Greg again for the first time in a while which was great. Hung with my bro and had good conversations with him - started to feel like I'm connecting with the nieces too which was lovely.

Of course I spent much time with my main girl who's been having a tough time of late but is still so much fun to be around even when she's flat. She also said, after much discussion of our individual turbulent social- and love-lives, probably one of the nicest things anyone's said to me "I feel so lucky to have you as a constant in my life". There really is no replacement for good friends. I have some of the best.

I've been in such a ridiculously positive mood the last week or so. I can't even really pinpoint the reasons, and I'm a bit afraid to analyse too much in case it goes away.

Jen's visit has been lovely - she's away having adventures in Western Australia and Queensland currently but back next week (not sure I can think of anything to do with her in Sydney that rivals what she's been up to out there!).

Karate is going really well, I'm actually enjoying the gym for once, signed up for a 4km run (a RUN!*) in about 6 weeks (again - A RUN!!), and work is.. well, still irritating.. but I've started looking around at alternatives so that's positive. I get my new** new couch delivered tomorrow - oh frabjous day!

The worst thing to have happened lately was visiting the ex and saying goodbye to the animals. She relocates to Canberra tomorrow and I'll likely never see Griffin again, maybe will see Rufus on occasion. That was pretty gutting. I knew when I left her that it was the right decision but I never really understood how hard it was going to be to leave the animals.

But still, even that's not dragging me down right now. Life is good and positive and shiny, plans are being made and coming to fruition, world domination is within my grasp and.. umm, ignore that.. I've said too much.. *nonchalant whistle*

If I could only get the washing up done my life would be perfect. But some things are really not meant to be..



* I don't run. Not even for the bus. I am one of nature's natural sitters.
** Not sure I blogged about that, it was rather traumatic at the time - my awesome wonderful comfy EXPENSIVE couch got delivered but wouldn't fit through the door. There were tears. And tantrums. So had to get a smaller one. C'est la vie.

6 comments:

eroica said...

love you.
*bit teary*
you're the best constant a girl could have.

jen said...

I don't run for buses either, hence I end up walking a lot farther than I should like.

Hrm... if I arrive on the 2nd then I think we should do 'something' on the 3rd... a beach? the new directions warehouse if it's open? (only i'm not sure where it is) then I can have my massage and hit Wildlife World on one of your workdays. Any thoughts?

helena said...

Glad you had a brilliant time!

I always thought that I was one of natures sitters, especially because I come from a family whose idea of fun at 8 in the morning is to go for a ten mile run (every bloody morning)and I swore that I would never ever go running.

But then I started to have dreams about running across deserts and the feeling in the dream was so wonderful that I thought I'd give it a try. It half-killed me. It still half kills me and I can't do anywhere near 10 miles.

But it does feel amazing. (I can recommend The Police as a good running soundtrack - just try not sing along to the end of "So Lonely" as you get funny looks from other people).

The strange thing is that I haven't done any since end of Sept last year - and now that the nights are getting lighter and the air slightly warmer it gets to about 4pm and I crave getting the gear on and going out. I haven't yet (no time and the terror that I'll be right back to being extrememly crap at it again) but the day's getting closer.

I predict that by this time next year you'll be completely hooked.

helena said...

Glad you had a brilliant time!

I always thought that I was one of natures sitters, especially because I come from a family whose idea of fun at 8 in the morning is to go for a ten mile run (every bloody morning)and I swore that I would never ever go running.

But then I started to have dreams about running across deserts and the feeling in the dream was so wonderful that I thought I'd give it a try. It half-killed me. It still half kills me and I can't do anywhere near 10 miles.

But it does feel amazing. (I can recommend The Police as a good running soundtrack - just try not sing along to the end of "So Lonely" as you get funny looks from other people).

The strange thing is that I haven't done any since end of Sept last year - and now that the nights are getting lighter and the air slightly warmer it gets to about 4pm and I crave getting the gear on and going out. I haven't yet (no time and the terror that I'll be right back to being extrememly crap at it again) but the day's getting closer.

I predict that by this time next year you'll be completely hooked.

helena said...

Peter Gabriels "SO" album, Billy Idol, Nine Inch Nails "Head like a Hole" are also pretty good to run to too.

fishboy said...

Argh. I still haven't managed to do a test run yet.. I'm constantly finding reasons to put it off. Or completely forgetting it.

And running to 'Head Like A Hole'?! More like sprinting! Then jumping on something and breaking it. Damn, must go listen to some NIN now...