Monday, September 13, 2010

still

Back in Australia now. In geologically torpid Sydney. Christchurch saw me off with a lovely rolling magnitude 4.0.

So the earth hasn't moved for me here. My heart races when a heavy truck goes past though - fortunately my apartment doesn't suffer from that very often. It's going to take a little while to completely shake that reaction - there's something deeply unsettling about the ground on which you stand shaking so often.

Right now I'm off to my bed to sleep long and deep.

3 comments:

fishboy said...

You don't say...

Sunshine said...

Wow it sounds really intense over there; thanks for sharing with those of us who aren't getting the ongoing story over here.

Jen said...

Haiku! http://www.timescolonist.com/life/Ollie+column+winning+Haiku/3531184/story.html

My favorite...

Polydactyl puss

formerly feral, now a

soft blob on the couch.